Saturday, March 18, 2006

Numbers

Did Ryan Zimmerman change numbers? On the MLB.com roster, he is listed as number 11, while Marlon Byrd is listed as 25. Byrd was 26 last year, and Junior Spivey was number 11. Zimmerman was number 11 at Virginia, so I'm wondering if he has some preference for the number and made the switch since it is available this year. It's a good number, anyway.


I don't know why I notice these things. I suppose it's because if I were to get a Nationals shirt with any player on it, it would be him, but I'll wait until he proves himself first. Anyone who causes Bowden to make comparisons to hall of famers is circumspect. On second thought, he does kind of look like Brooks, doesn't he?

I don't know what it is about this kid, but as soon as he was drafted there was something about him that just excited me. I like his humility. I like the naturalness about him, from his swing and his glove to the way he walks onto and off the field.

Pray Zimmerman turns out to be as good as the Human Vacuum Cleaner.

No comments: