Thursday, June 15, 2006

A prayer

Here is a photo of me* before a game praying with our studs in the outfield.

And with that, let us say today's prayer:

Eternal baseball gods, I humbly adore Thee, and thank Thee for having created the Reds in your images. I thank Thee most sincerely for having made me a baseball fan, by giving me the true faith, and by occasionally giving me tickets to ballparks in other cities, so that I may see the Reds win. I thank Thee for having preserved them from so many collapses, of which I would have been depressed if Thou hadst not intervened. But the Deadbirds still continue, and will continue till October, to combat against us, and to endeavor to make us second place. If Thou dost not constantly guard and succor us with thy aid, I, a miserable creature, shall return to sorrow, and the Reds shall certainly lose the division. I beseech Thee, then, for the love of baseball, to grant the Reds holy perseverance unto October. Through the merits, then, of the baseball gods, I beg, for myself and for all the just Reds fans, victory never again to be separated from the scoreboard, but to win forever, in time and eternity. Amen.


*not really me

No comments: