Friday, May 23, 2008

I want to give up!

but I can't. Last night I turned the game off after it became 8-2 on sucky pitching. I want to be one of those people who can just walk away when things go wrong, but I'm a baseball junkie. I just don't have the strength to do it.

Still, I have to wonder. Will the glory of Cincinnati Reds baseball ever return? Were we cursed by the Big Red Machine? I was born during the winter of the last time the the Big Red Machine were world champs. I can't help but wonder if all of the hope in Votto and Cueto and Volquez and Bruce and Bailey will ever live up to the hype. Or if it will live up to the dumbitity of the Reds brass. Yeah, I just made that word up.

Call it a crisis of faith. I'll be better with a win. Isn't baseball like that? Doesn't a losing streak make you want to cut every player and a winning streak make you think you'll never lose again?

Gotta love it. Gottttta love it.

Oh Reds, please stop breaking my heart.

No comments: