Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cold weather puts me in a bad mood...

I love New York City - there is no other place in the world like it - and I like Boston, too, but I'm getting to a point where I never want to hear New York and Boston in the same sentence. Despite the fact that sports media keeps saying there's "no real rivalry" between the Giants and the Patriots, which, of course, is true, they keep mentioning a New York-Boston rivalry anyway.

Of course, maybe people employed in this field just don't know what to write. I mean, some of them don't know how to write, so maybe what to write escapes them as well. Here is one of the worst sentences in the history of not only sports journalism, but in all of journalism. Ever.
"Only a super quarterback could be traced visiting a supermodel during Super Bowl bye week."
Anyway, I was in Indianapolis this past week and snapped this photo in the surprisingly good Indianapolis Museum of Art. Click it to make bigger.

I have to ask myself - am I contributing to the media hype by constantly complaining about this? Maybe, but I'm not alone in my fatigue. Will E$PN and the others ever wake up and realize that much of the country is sick of it, too?

No comments: