Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Holding pattern

The last week before Spring Training (or more accurately before pitchers and catchers report) is kind of like a holding pattern. Reminds me of the first time I saw New York City. I was flying to Europe right after Christmas and I had to change planes at JFK. We had to circle around the city for 45 minutes. It was awesome to see the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty and all of the buildings lit up at night, but after the twelfth or so time I saw the bridge, I got bored. (Big Ben, Parliament!)

When we finally landed, I had to sprint to my connecting flight and barely made it. When I arrived across the ocean, my luggage hadn't. (That was the first time that ever happened to me. Now it happens every time, I kid you not.) I felt a bit of panic because I had three months worth of stuff in my bags and I thought my suitcases were lost. I got them the next day and had a great time for the next few months.

There's a metaphor in this story somewhere, I swear!
___

No comments: