Monday, January 30, 2006

Today's Sermon: Faux Spring

Today's spring-like day was amazing. Made me forget there were more than two months until Opening Day. I stopped by my favorite summer bar and the outside terrace was packed with people. Beer outside, on the second to last day of January! My brain is in baseball mode much too early.

Players will start making their way down South in three weeks. The Reds still haven't gotten a real pitcher, and I am not as optimistic as I was last year when they seemed to have made decent moves with Milton and Ortiz. (Not that they were brilliant moves, but at least it was something more than Jimmy Haynes.) The Nats, on the other hand, have a great pitching staff since they added Ortiz. Oh, wait, deja vu...

Pray that Griffey's legs will give him another healthy season.

No comments: