Monday, August 20, 2007

There's always next year

I'm sitting here trying to get through another bureaucratic nightmare that has become part of daily living in this office, and I'm feeling pretty depressed. The weather is crappy and cold, especially for August, I'm thinking about the end of summer, and I realize there are some things I love so much that I can never actually enjoy them because I am all too aware that they will end.

Baseball is not like that, though. Baseball was here long before I was born, and it will be here long after I'm gone. While summer will come again, too, I will be another year older, a bit more jaded, and already too aware that this one will also end. But Reds baseball is an institution. While players and logos and seasons come and go, the Cincinnati Reds will always be there, and there is a farm system and a future and there is always next year.

No comments: