Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Greetings from Budapest

I didn't realize Blogger turned into whatever language is spoken in the country you are writing from. Good thing I know where things are, because I certainly wouldn't know that mentes means publish.

So yeah, I've been meaning to write about my plans for awhile, but you know, when you quit your job and go abroad, there is a lot of planning involved, even if you are not a planner.

I got on a plane on Sunday, caught some of the Boston game in Cincy and some of the Cleveland game in Detroit, but it wasn't until just now that I found out that the Tribe was for sure in the playoffs. Thank god. I hate the Bankees and wish I could have seen the dejected looks on their faces.

Anyway, this post is not about baseball. I have to say where I am and what I am doing. I am going to be in Bulgaria for the next two in a half months starting Thursday. Why, you ask? Well, I just had to take a break from office life, with the whole monotony of fluorescent lights and computer screens and all. I'm not going to be doing much except tutoring in English on my own schedule, so it is pretty much a very long vacation. But putting my reasoning aside, I really am excited about being on European soil for the first time in nearly eight years.

I won't get into the reasons I am in Budapest right now, but I am here for another day. Right now I am STILL WAITING ON MY LUGGAGE and am sick of wearing the same clothes I have for two days! This is why I am posting now - that, and I wanted to say I am not abandoning this blog, but posting is going to be sporadic in the next week until I get to Veliko Tarnova, the city I will be in Bulgaria.

(Yay! My bag just arrived! Clean clothes! Woohoo!)

I will be continuing this blog as regularly as I have, as I've said before, and I especially look forward to the off season, which, if our GM is competent, should be a big one. But I invite you to follow my travels at my new blog Bulgariarox. There I will be chronicling all of my adventures and non-adventures as I seek something more than office life, something that can make me feel alive like baseball does. I will upload as many photos as I possibly can and hope you will all visit and enjoy them. I realized today that even as an amateur photographer with a layman's camera, I have a "style" of my own. It certainly was a beautiful day for photos today.

Yeah, I plan on watching the LCSes and the World Series even though I'll have to watch them in the wee hours of the morning. Right now, though, I am so excited to finally be in Europe after such a long absence that it is the only thing on my mind, so good thing the next games aren't for a couple of days!

No comments: