Thursday, March 11, 2010

Redkees

I may be the only person in the entire Middle East who routinely wears a Reds cap and t-shirt. That being said, there is no shortage of folks wearing Bankee$ and Bread $ox gear. In fact, the guy sitting right next to me is wearing the big red B on his head right now.

I walked by a shoe shop the other day and there was a massive display of Bankee$ footwear in the window. I'm talking the whole window, men's, women's, and children's shoes, all with the infamous NY Bankee$ logo stitched all over the place.

Ugh. Really? Is that the best baseball can do? Pollute the already troubled Middle East with the stamp of imperialism? Isn't that NY the epitome of the economic system which has so incensed the have nots that they have taken up arms to defeat it?

I have to do that Reds cap thing Jamey Ramsey does on his blog. I'll get someone to take my photo in my Reds cap in front of some bombed out building or something.

No comments: