Thursday, August 24, 2006

Can I get an amen?

I'm tired. With all of the bizarre dreams and restlessness I've experienced lately, I was going to go to bed early tonight. But then I turned on the Deadbirds-Mets game. And Dave "We gave away Sean for nothing" Williams was getting a standing O for pitching 6.1 innings of two run ball, and the Mets were leading the Deadbirds 5-2 in the seventh. And I thought, no, I can't miss the game when the Reds could jump into first place!

A pre-game prayer:

Oh Reds! It's in your hands, you know
Be number one, defeat a foe
The team to beat, yes you can be
To give us that golden trophy.

Oh yes! Morron's lineup is right,
We have the bats with all the might.
Tonight's pitcher - paradise found?
Will light shine when he takes the mound?

Home run! These things we want to see.
Come on, Adam, hit us three!
Avoiding sleep, I do for you
SO YOU BETTER WIN. I'M TIRED.

Amen.

No comments: