Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Chelipe

I had a dream last night that I've been trying to post all day. (Blogger!) Anyway, the dream is worth mentioning because it starred Felipe Lopez, a guy I never really was attached to but who decided to visit the realm of my subconscience.

I was at an old farm house with a friend hiding from some bad guys on a hot August day, the kind of day only flies and grasshoppers like. There was lots of corn, rows upon rows of it on all four sides of the house, which had a narrow driveway going through more corn. It was still too green for the time of year, though I knew it was August because I kept saying, "August is only a summer month because of the temperature." I think I was referring to the shortened length of the days which seems to affect me so.

I often hide from the bad guys in my dreams. Sometimes the bad guys are old friends or acquaintances with whom I am no longer in contact. Most of the time they're just random people, though. Like Felipe Lopez.

Felipe was dressed like Che, beret and all. I guess I was the leader of some resistance group, though I was not dressed like Che. We were monitoring the movements of Lopez's group, who were doing maneuvers in the corn. They had surrounded the farmhouse, so there was no way out, but they had yet to discover we were in the farmhouse. Some of my group grew frightened, however, and started to defect to Chelipe's side. Finally, I decided to go with them, too, more out of boredom than anything else.

It gets weirder. So I find Felipe, whom I apparently knew quite well from the past, and I march straight up to him. And you know what he says? He says, "Oh, Cath, I am so disappointed to see you here. You know I always admired you for your principles, but now you've violated them by coming here."

I immediately realized my error and replied, "No, I'm just here to get my jeep back," and nodded to what was apparently my jeep that had been stolen by Felipe's men. It was a red jeep. He apologized and tossed me the keys and let me leave, saying, "I look forward to more clashes with you." He smiled and said, "Later."

Weird.

(If I had Photoshop on this computer, I would make Chelipe.)

Update: Image of Chelipe courtesy of Devils Advocate. Thanks! (If only I could figure out how to make a copy of Photoshop from another computer. Anyone know? Ahh, the curse of copyrights...Stupid capitalists, says Chelipe.)

;)

No comments: