Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Just say no

My reactionary thoughts to rumors which have no value whatsoever except to make me feel better for saying them "aloud." (They become spoken in your head as you read. Wait, you don't say the words in your head when you read?) It's just that winter is so boring when rain drips from dull gray skies and I have nothing worthwhile to say except to complain about how cold I am and how I wish it were spring and you've heard all of that a hundred billion times before because all I ever do in winter is talk about dreams of green baseball fields. :)

Man, these winter meetings scare me with all the talk of trades. I mean, last year at this time, Homer Bailey was untouchable. The trade rumors swirling around him now are ridiculous. Why, because he didn't throw eighteen perfect games last year? Nobody is worth trading Homer for, especially not Dontrelle Willis, whose best years may already be behind him judging by his last two seasons. Nor is Eric Bedard worth Homer's potential, oh ye of little faith.

I tell you what else. Wayne Krivsky is the most irritating GM out there. Wayne, baseball is a business. Transparency in business is an essence. You are responsible to your shareholders, stakeholders, and customers. It is time for you to open up and speak. Cut the secretive crap. So tell us what is going on. Tell us Bruce and Bailey, the future of the Reds, are off the table. Please? Please?

It's going to be sad to see Josh Hamilton go.

Oh, and Happy Chanukkah!

No comments: