Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Viva la revolution!

Stupid title, I know. I'm a little miffed at the fact that a bar/restaurant advertised free Wifi but kicked me off when they became "busy," as if I were not a paying customer. Mind you, they didn't tell me they turned off their internet, but I got the hint and pretended that I still could use it until they told me to go to the bar.

I was there for an hour. I had two beers and was going to order food. Word of advice: if you're going to have Wifi access and the only outlet is near a four person table, maybe you should REARRANGE YOUR FREAKING RESTAURANT/BAR. Oh, I'm so annoyed.

But the point of all this is to compare it to something baseball. And I feel the Tejada trade to the Asstros is akin to offering Wifi service as long as it suits you. That trade is just stupid. The Asstros have nothing, absolutely nothing in their farm system, and what they had in Hirsh they traded away. If they think that having the same team as last season when they finished 73-89 with the addition of oh, Miguel Tejada, is going to make a difference...well, they can't think that. It's just too stupid. Just like thinking turning away a customer who would probably come in every day for the next couple of days was a good trade for a non tipping family of three.

Really annoyed.

Here's a great quote:
"I was in Houston last week and I've played in Minute Maid Park in the All-Star game, so I think I'll do great in that city," he said.
Yeah, you've played a game there, so you really know! What a really great indicator of how well you'll do!

Coming up...how performance enhancing drugs are a bigger American societal problem than just trying to win...Actually, probably not.

No comments: