Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Future is a Shining Ball of Promise

Aaron Harang, Bronson Arroyo, Homer Bailey, Johnny Cueto, Travis Wood until 2010 and beyond...

Wayne Krivsky has officially come off my black list (though he still hovers near the line.) Following this week's signing of Aaron Harang to a four year deal with an option for a fifth, today Bronson Arroyo signed a similar contract, giving the Reds a kickass rotation for 2008-2011 (most likely) and putting the final nail in the coffin of one of the most apathetic and shameful periods in Reds history bestowed upon us by Swift Boater Carl Lindner. It hasn't been this exciting to be a Reds fan in years.

This is awesome:
"I’m a Red now, man. Last year at the beginning of the season I was still watching a lot of Sox games and I was still caught up in the middle emotionally of being traded. After being here a year, and going through what we did, having a chance to make the playoffs, I’m a Red through and through now."

When I think of the commitment to winning that the Reds have demonstrated, there is a faint roar somewhere in the back of my mind, somewhere just beyond the present, a sweet symphony of cheering accompanied by a hint of electricity in the air. I try to tune in, make it louder, but it has yet to exist except in the part of my mind - of my soul - that carries a little thing called hope. I am reminded of past glory and am filled with a restless anticipation for the future and a restoration of the great winning tradition of Cincinnati baseball. We have waited too long for this.
___

No comments: