Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The future looks bright...

I went to the Dragons game last night to see the Baby Reds take on the Baby Padres. What an exciting game! Not only did Todd Frazier hit a homer to win the game in the bottom of the ninth, but both he and Brandon Waring hit homers earlier, Waring's with Frazier on base. I guess these guys are like the Dunn and Kearns of 2008. Seems like they'll move up through the system at the same time.

What a great park. I hadn't been to a Dragon's game since the Dunnandkearns show, so it kind of felt like going to a new park. Unfortunately, a camera malfunction made me lose 50 photos, so I don't have much to show. Guess I'll have to go back soon to snap some more. I bet these kids that play for Dayton get spoiled. I imagine going to Sarasota, Chattanooga, and Louisville after playing in Dayton is a bit of a letdown.

Here is Waring's homer with Frazier about to score.

I was pretty pumped to get both of their autographs after the game. My ball was nearly full with the ink of the other players and since they were two of the last ones out, they had to squeeze it in. Would have had room but there is a ban on signing on the sweet spot, which still has an empty spot in the middle. Thanks a lot, you stupid middle aged losers who ruined it for the rest of us by getting stuff signed and then selling it. I also got Brad Chalk's autograph on the ball, the Padre's second round pick from 2007. I have no clue how I knew who he was, but most of his team had already come out and suddenly I asked if he was Chalk, and I was right.

The Reds are loaded with shortstops with Frazier, Chris Valaika, and Adam Rosales. Guess it's how it should be, considering our history of shortstops. One of these is bound to become the next Barry Larkin. Frazier doesn't seem all that apt in the field, but he can rake. Perhaps he'll be moved to another position in the future. They say that shortstops are the most athletic of players.

Good times!

No comments: