Monday, April 07, 2008

Week One Review...They're Together Again

  • A winning homestand to start the season? Nice. But we’ve been down this April road before. Still, something is different. It’s called pitching, I think. Had to look up that definition because I forgot what it meant.
  • Though the rest of the country can’t figure it out, we all know what Aaron Harang is capable of. He pitched well enough to win twice but had a bit of bad luck, going 0-1 with a no decision the Reds ended up winning.
  • Bronson Arroyo stunk up his second start after getting a no decision in a decent outing five days earlier. Pick it up, Bronson. If the Reds are going anywhere this year, you need to NOT GIVE UP FOUR HOMERS IN ANY MORE STARTS. OR THREE, FOR THAT MATTER.
  • I made the trip down to Cincy to watch Johnny Cueto’s dominating Major League debut. I caught Reds fever quite early in seeing that performance.
  • Josh Fogg, go away. May Homer take your place someday. Soon. But it won't happen with that 91 MPH fastball, Homer. Get your head in the game.
  • Voltron! IT’S PRONOUNCED VOL-KEZ, NOT QUEZ. Man, is this pitching rotation exciting!
  • How about that bullpen? Holding leads? Is this really the Reds? Stormy had a bad outing in Cueto’s debut, and there has been a run here and there, but all in all, I’m impressed. And excited!
  • So the bats were slow. The Reds have never had a problem scoring runs, hovering in the top ten in the National League throughout this seven year losing streak. No worries there.
  • So glad to get rid of the Brand New Bag for Bronson’s “They’re together again.” Funny cheese.
  • George Grande is getting worse with his mispeaking. Any combo of Chris, Thom, and Brantley is fine with me, but Grande is nearly unbearable. I know he’s a nice guy, but my god, pay attention to what you’re saying!
  • I'm going to the Dragons game tomorrow - haven't been there since Dunnandkearns were roaming the outfield. I'll have a report and some photos of the game. I have an extra ticket if anyone is interested. I've never sat in the seats before, only in the lawn, so I'm looking forward to it. Let me know if you want the other ticket. It's $12.

No comments: