Thursday, February 21, 2008

District of Warmer Than This

I've been thinking about the shorter, warmer winters of DC in the past, well, past since I've been in Ohio, which has been two months from yesterday. I've suffered the gray blankness, the white wetness, the flat, endless farmland that sends a feeling of nothingness to me, and I start to wonder if I should go back to DC. I've been thinking about the three Nationals seasons I spent, including last year's great season ticket package given to me for my 30th birthday, and I see all of the changes that Leatherpants has made and think, hmm, things are going to be different for the Nats this year. Not saying BETTER, just different. And with the new stadium, well, it won't feel like what I've come to know as Nationals baseball at all. Gone will be the drear, the chunks of stuff falling from the roof, the cheap seats that still have a good view, and the commute to the stadium in the middle of nowhere. The romantic side of me misses even that stuff dearly, even worse so as I stare out at the barren trees across a cold, white, empty field, and I think to myself, man, I need to move this computer away from the window...

Thanks to whoever quoted me in the Washington Post Express today and to Brendanukkah for pointing it out!
___

No comments: