Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Wearing of the Red

I rode to south Dayton today and passed many ballfields on the way down I-75. There is something inherently lonely about a snow covered ballfield.

I've been packing today. No, I'm not leaving for Sarasota until the third, but I need something to warm my spirit. I'm definitely wearing the "Jesus hates the Yankees" shirt my sister gave me for Christmas for the Yankees game on March 5. I have about five billion Reds shirts and can't decide which ones to bring for the other two or three games (the third depends on how much beach time we've had during the week). This season, I decided to break out the Nasty Boys shirt I haven't worn in 17 years, but that will be saved for later in the summer.

Those were the days, weren't they folks?

Nice to see a list of pitchers for Wednesday's first game! Can't wait to hear Marty's voice again!

No comments: