Thursday, June 05, 2008

This just in: the Reds stink

I think I'll be a fan of another team. How about the Rays? The D'backs? Nah, those aren't real teams. Maybe the A's - they've been around a long time. I liked the A's back when the Bash Brothers were ripping balls out of stadiums without the use of performance enhancers. I had an A's mesh cap that I wore around in sixth grade and went to see them play in Cleveland in the late eighties.

But they are 3.5 games out of first. Maybe I'll just root, root, root for the Phillies. They're winning right now anyway, they played well for the last four games, and they seem to be interested in winning. Their outfielders don't drop flyballs, either. And their phans? Well, they just appreciate baseball. Did you see those ovations for Griffey? (Or hear them, because the game was not on television in the Cincinnati market?)

Sigh...I think I need to go to a land without baseball for awhile. Ensuite, je voyagerais a France où ils jouent le futbol et ils aiment le Tour de France. Et le vin, le vin du ciel! J'adore le vin! Et le fromage et le pain!

Les Rouges, ils sont terribles!

No comments: