Sunday, September 09, 2007

E-Media

This kind of thing bothers me:

Brandon Phillips, who's trying to become the first Reds player to have 30 home runs and 30 steals in a season, stole his 28th and 29th bases Sunday. He currently has 28 homers.

It's not just this one instance. To go with the terrible radio media, people who cover the Reds are constantly writing erroneous information such as this. I can't figure out why it is so difficult to do a little thing called "fact-checking." Being an editor of sorts, I usually just email the writer with the correct info. But I'm in a bad mood right now, it being Sunday and all, the dread of a Monday morning alarm clock overwhelming me at the moment!

Oh, Reds to have 30/30 seasons? Barry Larkin (1996) and Eric Davis (1987). And I didn't even have to look it up. (But I did. Fact-checking, you know?)
___

No comments: