Friday, September 14, 2007

Some useless information

So I was thinking about sponsoring a Reds player page on Baseball Reference.com. The increased traffic could help me out with the AdSense clicks (wink, wink, click!) and maybe even compensate for the cost of the sponsorship. Cost of sponsorship corresponds to the level of the player. Knowing that the big, established guys are already sponsored, I sought out the rookies and other non-stars. Votto was first, of course. Forget it, though - to sponsor his page is $110!

I went to Matt Belisle - $10. I was shocked to see Tom Shearn's was higher - $20. Eric Freaking Milton is $20. Phil Dumatrait and his 15.00 ERA is $25. Weathers is $20, and Couter, Coffey, McBeth, Livingston, and Gosling are $10. On the hitting side of things, David Ross is $15 and Javy is only $10, the same as Pedro Lopez. Alex Gonzalez is $35. Jason Ellison is $10 - they should be paying us to put our names on his page! Buck Coats is the cheapest at $5.

For some reason that I can't decipher, Ryan Hannigan's page is $160, and they spell his name "Hanigan."

A funny sponsor - some Connecticut real estate company sponsors Freel's page.

So I'm not going to sponsor a page - Votto's the only player left whom I'd like to have my name on, but not for that much precious beer money.

No comments: