Tuesday, April 18, 2006

That was Uggla

I had jury duty today. No, I did not get Bowden or his girlfriend - they haven't scheduled them yet. Good thing - I would have rendered Bowden guilty of all of this past year's transgressions, actually, the past ten years. I was quite lucky, sitting in a big room until 2:30 and then being dismissed without being chosen for a trial, so I stopped for a couple of glorious sunshine afternoon beers, which I got free, a blessing which has recently been bestowed upon me for some divine reason. I didn't drive home.

I feel like I missed so much today, however, with finding out about Bowden from Redleg Nation and Federal Baseball and, well, this is just what us Nats fans need to get rid of Trader Jim. No way the new owner will renew his contract - I think they're probably looking for an excuse to say bon voyage, sianora, ciao. I'm not a fan of letting employers dictate what an employee can and cannot do in his free time, which is becoming more and more common these days, and I hope he is not fired for this reason. However, Bowden's done enough to warrant a firing for his job performance, so if they use this as the final straw, I won't shed too many tears after my initial disdain. I still don't condone it.

I also learned in my judicial absence from Red Reporter that D'Angelo is starting for Texass with Wilkerson, who is leading MLB in strike outs, though he did hit number 2 tonight. Now there's a team I can't stand for reasons having to do with a big white house and a lot of Ks.

I've undertaken my schizobaseballholic watching tonight with the Reds screen on top and the Nats on bottom. Not liking Milton's performance, shocked that Ward started and hit cleanup for the Nats and hit one out. Oh, and the neighbors had a live band in their basement, making my head swirl.

Marty was talking to Reds beat writer Marc Lancaster during the second inning about some guy who's in trouble with the law and Marty says some guy "is not the only one who is having problems with the law" wink wink. Marc says "that's why you're a Hall of Famer, Marty." HA HA! Love Marty - he says what he wants and means what he says. Fire Bowden!

The Reds game was ugly against the AAA Fish. It was more like the AAA Reds, at least in terms of pitching. If Uggla amounts to anything, he'll rival Dunn in cheesy headlines. I'm not the only one.

At least the Nats did well in their 10-3 romp of the Phillies! Church hits a grand slam - sooo nice to have you back, Ryan!

No comments: