Saturday, April 29, 2006

Variations in victory themes

The Reds pounded Petttttitttttte and the Asstros today.

Am I the only one who has the sensation that this team is never going to lose? (Yes, I am well-versed in reality. Still, this is awfully fun.) 17-7? Best record in baseball? Best team record in April ever? What's going on? I'm not exactly sure how one is supposed to act when one's team wins like this.

"At that time shall Michael rise up, the great prince, who standeth for the children of thy people." Aaron Michael Harang, though he didn't have his best stuff, still rocked! Three runs, one which Kent "I'm mediocre" Mercker let score, just for the heck of it, I guess, went on his Ernie. Our dear angel went 7.2 innings, another deep performance to minimize chances for the evil bullpen to screw it up.

All of this winning is making me more devout than usual. I can't seem to peel myself away from the games, not having missed but one, when I went to the Nats home opener. A good wireless signal and sunshine are all I need.

Just look at the beauty of it while it lasts:

Cincinnati 17 7 .708 -
St. Louis 16 8 .667 1.0
Houston 15 8 .652 1.5
Chi Cubs 13 9 .591 3.0
Milwaukee 13 11 .542 4.0
Pittsburgh 6 18 .250 11.0

Check out this article in the Akron Beacon Journal about King Phillips wondering if trading him to Cincy was a mistake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just went to read the article you mentioned in the confession, and I noticed the comments from readers at the bottom, and I saw one that began "Thanks Tribe! We love our Phillips. ..." and then it cut off. My first thought was "HaHa, that's evil!" ...and then I clicked to read the rest of it and realized, it was YOU! (And you are absolutely correct!)
Just think, he'll have six opportunities this season to show them what they're missing out on.

Anonymous said...

The Asstros got what they deserved! And today we are going to sweep! Off to the game!