Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Crisis of Faith

You would think given that my two teams are playing each other right now that I would feel the inspiration to post something here. Truth is, I haven't had the energy or enthusiasm to post anything. It isn't because they are the two worst teams (recordwise) in the National League (or were, until Cincy won last night and the Deadbirds took over the distinction HAHA!), although I'm sure some winning would help a bit. It isn't because of the negativity that plagues Redsland, although that, too, has a lot to do with it. No, the bigger reason is simply because I am sick of staring at a computer screen. It's the same old crap every day - get up, take the crackhead bus to the office, sit without a window for 8 hours staring at a computer screen, then take the crackhead bus back home, where there are very few hours left of life to enjoy.

I'm concocting a plan to get out of this vicious cycle, but it is taking some planning. It involves an airplane, a bicycle, a car, and a pen, but it does not involve baseball. So I apologize if posting is sporadic. My sanity is at stake here. I am not going to go to the grave after wasting a third of my brief life stuck in an office.

Oh yeah, and if the Reds can sweep or win three of four, I think a season recovery is in store. Something felt different last night, like the Reds I had expected finally decided to show up and play. The game had the feel of a turning point. Even the excitement and love for baseball had returned to Marty's voice. Nothing better than listening to Marty and Joe call a winning game - I didn't even mind the MLB.TV blackout.

No comments: