Thursday, May 29, 2008

I am sooooo sick...

I have a terrible case of Bruce fever right now. I keep staring at the clock waiting for it to change, waiting for the time to pass until I can watch him again. All I can do is think about baseball - Reds baseball. It's been awhile since I've felt this way.

Oh, the pain of hearing that clock tick so slowly, the agony of waiting, ooooooooohhhhhhh...and I am sick to my stomach watching the Chub$ win repeatedly. Stop it! Isn't having Jim Edmonds enough to make you lose?!? The Rockies have lost three in a row. Come on, Rocks, move some mountains in Chitown!!!

Here's the thing. Or a thing. Last night, George Getting on my Last Nerve Grande and Jeff Never Owned a Horse Brantley were talking about how well the NL Central teams have played at home and how poorly they've played on the road. The Reds are 16-9 at home and 9-19 on the road. The first place Chub$ are 22-8 at home and 10-13 on the road. They have played five more games at home than have the Reds. The Reds are seven games back, but what would it be like if they had played five more games at home (and hence five fewer games on the road)? The difference means the Chub$ have more games to play on the road as the season goes on, while the Reds play those five games at home. Do you get what I'm saying? I think I do. Maybe not.
___

No comments: