Thursday, May 08, 2008

Oh Shea can you C?

So the Reds are going to that dump in Flushing they call Shea Stadium for the last time to take on an underachieving Mets team. If I were in DC right now, I'd take the bus up to the Big Apple to take in one or two of those games this weekend. But I'm in Ohio at the moment, so I guess I'll have to settle for FSN. I hope it's Thom and Chris and not George "A nuclear bomb has been dropped, I'm melting, and I'm still smiling" Grande. IT'S NOT A BLOOP IF IT GOES TO THE WALL!

I'm not feeling so confident going into NYC with Belisle and Arroyo pitching, the latter against Johan Best Pitcher in Baseball Santana, but something about that offensive display on Wednesday gives me hope that maybe the team's struggles are nearing their end. It wasn't just that Lieber was bad, because the Reds hit against other pitchers, too. We shall see.

Griffey called out the fans after the game on Wednesday. See, the negativity in Redsland IS getting to the players. People who've never played competitive sports just don't get how an environment like that affects a team. Still, the spoiled brats we have for players these days need to realize that without the fans, they can't PLAY A GAME for a living, and Griffey should shut up or go to Boston where the fake frontrunner fans fill the stadium and cheer loudly as long as the team is winning. You want to see more smiles and red caps around town? START WINNING CONSISTENTLY. It's amazing what winning will do, Mr. Junior. After Wednesday's game, notorious Reds bashers Tracy Jones and that other guy on his show actually said this team could be good. For a second I thought the world was ending.

The Reds can take two of three from the Mets and convince everyone that they have, indeed, turned it around. And when Junior's red caps fill the ballpark when the summer days are the kind that only grasshoppers and flies like, I will stand up proudly and say I always believed.

Be sure you check out Metsgrrl.com for the other side's take on the series.

No comments: