Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Free EdE!

Jerry Moron, please do not sit your young stud third baseman on the bench today against the Houston Asstros. His .293/.386/.505 numbers and his 41 RBI are too valuable to waste. If you must get both Richie and Scotty in the lineup, put Richie at short for a game. He was, after all, a star at that position in San Francisco, so he isn't going to hurt you there. And Del Boco Vista Retirement Communinity keeps calling and asking for Hands of Clay back.

Also, Harangutan is pitching tonight. You can keep him out there for 120 pitches if he's not having a bad night. He isn't Eric Milton, so you don't need to "build his confidence." We don't need Tex to blow another one tonight. Give him some rest, some time to get his head sorted out.

Last night I had a beautiful dream that both Mays and Stormy were DFA'd. I can't remember the exact details of the dream, but I remember something bad had happened to me and I was wandering around what I assume was Cincinnati in a dream-warped state. Somehow I ended up in the Reds dugout looking at the lineup card. On it, at the very bottom, were the names "Joe Mays" and "David Weathers" with three big dark blue letters next to them: D-F-A. I woke up with a sweet feeling.

No comments: