Sunday, March 18, 2007

Baseball Paddy's Day Photos


I took a few photos of baseball related stuff yesterday. This Miller Shite truck was sitting in front of 4 P's Four Green Fields, which was charging $10 to get in, so I did not have a pint there. (I was turning in library books next door, honest. But I did have to walk past it and thought of having a pint until I saw the $10 charge. It was not yet noon, and the place was already packed. I hate when Paddy's Day is on a weekend.) And what the heck are people doing drinking Miller Shite on the Irish holy day?!?

If this is you, I took your photo because of your green Nats cap. Bubbafan attributed green unis to Roger Clemens, but the first team to wear green uniforms on Paddy's Day was none other than the Big Red Machine in 1978.

After two failed attempts at having a pint and having nearly given up hope that I would be able to on account of all of the stupid cover charges, I stepped into Biddy Mulligans on Dupont Circle, where there was no cover and I actually found one seat at the bar, watched the Ohio State game, had a few pints, ate corned beef and cabbage, and sat next to two people who were visiting from Ohio during the weekend.

DC is just not a good place to celebrate Paddy's Day if you're a real fan of it. Then again, it's hard to celebrate anywhere after having experienced two Paddy's Days in Dublin!

No comments: