Friday, March 02, 2007

Jerry Narron is a Common

Spring is peeking its head in the door today, teasing us here in DC with 60 degree temperatures and brilliant sunshine. Despite my workload, I took my whole lunch hour today and strolled around downtown with my camera, which goes with me everywhere now. I had no destination, just started walking, and ended up at the Nats teamstore. Boy, that was a disappointment. It's tiny! I was tempted to pick up a Zimmerman t-shirt and probably would have if it had been under $20. Instead, I walked out empty handed. They didn't even have little pocket schedules.

I stopped for lunch and ate outside on Farragut Square. On my way back, I passed the Orioles teamstore and saw they had New Era O's caps for only $8 bucks, including the old school cartoon Oriole cap, so I went inside. Unfortunately, the cartoon logo caps were only in size 8, so I couldn't cash in on the deal. I asked if they sold tickets in the store. The answer, as I knew, was yes. (Nats, get a clue!) The O's store is huge - why is the Nats store so small?

I was about to leave when I noticed a box of Topps 2007 cards, so I bought two packs. I got one Red - guess who it was? Jerry Morron! I also got Albert Pujols. Ick. Traitor Damon, too. Ick. Other than Johan Santana and Todd Helton, the rest of the packs were garbage. How is it that I can get two crappy Pirates cards but no real Reds players? I can remember as a kid having difficulty getting Reds cards, too. I guess nothing has changed.
___

No comments: