Saturday, March 10, 2007

I like this winning thing, even if it doesn't count

Sometimes in life you get so busy that you don't have a lot of time to do things like dust your shelves or put your laundry away. My room looks like a disaster right now, but after putting a couple of sweaters away, I decided I'd "do it later." Instead, I'm writing this post and rewatching the Reds game from today. (I'm not actually watching watching, but I have it on just to have baseball on.) I can't wait to put the sweaters away permanently for the summer - only a couple more weeks!

Speaking of messes and clothing, what blind person made the choice of those ugly Spring Training/Batting Practice jerseys? And those hats! They are hideous!

Today's victory was a game with very few starters for either side. A couple of notes:

The best part of the game was that Paul "Perpetual Rehab" Wilson pitched 3 innings of no hit, no run baseball. After his horrendous first outing, this was a welcome change and puts him back into the fifth starter mix. Another bad outing today most likely would have killed his chances.

Chris "I Like Louisville" Denorfia went 0-5 with 2 Ks, dropping his ST average to .179. He really looks clueless at the plate, and it's looking more and more like he'll be starting the year in Louisville.

Phil "I Love the Minors" Dumatrait had one of the worst throws I've ever seen a professional ballplayer make on a ground ball back to the mound with a runner on first. Because there was nobody covering second, he had to wait for someone to get there. He should have just thrown to first, but instead he threw it into the dirt about 20-30 feet in front of him. Anderson "Spring Training Big Leaguer" Machado made an excellent how'd-he-do-that grab and somehow managed to get the out.

Bubba "Send Deno to the Bats" Crosby continued his good spring going 2-3 with two doubles and an RBI, raising his spring average to .364.

And last but not least, Miami won the MAC Tournament today and will be going to the NCAA Tournament! Go Redskinshawks!

No comments: