Thursday, March 08, 2007

In response to scalper spam...

Julie,

As much as I believe in entrepreneurship (I work for an organization that promotes democracy throughout the world through entrepreneurship), I don't believe that scalping companies should be legal. In fact, I've been busy writing my Congressman (oh wait, I don't have a Congressman because DC's 600,000 people don't live in a democracy) telling them about how your company and others like it should be illegal. Because if I am not allowed to sell an extra ticket of mine on the street, you should not be allowed to sell it for profit.

I've posted this on my blog.

On 3/8/07, TicketCity Links wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing what you could offer. We sell a ton of baseball tickets, and ideally, we could do something that would include some text links to our site.

We pay 5% of every sale to you that comes to us via your website. Our average sale is $500, which translates to $25 for that sale.

One idea I will give you is to include you in our one-of-a-kind Partner PPC program. We pay X amount for every click from your site to ours, regardless of whether they buy or not. It's a chance for you to earn a lot from the traffic you send us.

To sign up, please visit: http://www.ticketcity.com/affiliates/newaffiliate.aspx. You can also go to TicketCity.com, click on "affiliates" at the top, then "Click here to sign up." If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

----

Julie Kwong

Web Content Manager

TicketCity.com

JKwong@TicketCity.com

800-SOLD-OUT *152

No comments: