Sunday, June 10, 2007

I love this game. Did I tell you?

So I'm dropping off some library books today, which are late, by the way, and I pay my hefty fine and check out a couple of other books. I'm walking back to my car when I see a sign that says among other games "Reds-Indians." I thought I had missed the game today because I had another event to attend, but the game was still in the 10th inning when I passed, so I went in and watched innings 10-12.

There was another Reds fan who seemingly was rooting for the Reds but thought I was a crackhead or something for screaming when Hobbs threw out that guy to save the game. That was an amazing throw that said to me, "damn, we've got some awesome players on this team!" Aside from the pen and Jerry Morron, of course.

I love my Reds. To be walking past a place that is actually playing the game several hundred miles from Cincy is awesome. (I was in a place that played the game last night, too!) But to take two of three from one of the best teams in baseball proves to me that this team is not dead. In fact, I think Homer's arrival is the spark plug this team needs.

If only Mike Stinkton would be DFA'd.
___

No comments: