Friday, June 08, 2007

A pitcher of Homers

Somehow it was in the upper nineties today and I felt no need to complain about the air conditioning in my office - I didn't even have to use a space heater for once. Now I am home, sweat pouring down my face in the furnace I have for a room (we rarely use the air conditioner in our house for environmental reasons), but I have one very tasty way to cool down: The Homer.

Yes, I have finally decided on the ingredients for the drink I wanted to create to honor David Dewitt Bailey, Jr., forever to be known as Homer. Get out your blender!

You will need:

Bailey's Irish Cream
Triple Sec
Strawberry Ice Cream with chunks of strawberry
Milk
Ice
Fresh strawberries (optional)

Fill half the blender with ice. Fill it the rest of the way with ice cream. Pour 30 ounces of Bailey's followed by 10 ounces of Triple Sec and 5 ounces of milk. Blend. Pour in margarita glass, serve with fresh strawberry on glass. Enjoy. Put rest of pitcher in freezer for next inning.

The key to the drink is the quality of the ice cream. You can't just buy the store brand - you need the good stuff. Why strawberry? Because strawberries are red! And it goes quite well with the distinctive flavor of Bailey's Irish Cream. And no, you can't get the cheap imitation crap - you need Bailey's, duh! It's for Homer!
___

No comments: