Friday, March 03, 2006

Don't forget!

Nats single game tix go on sale tomorrow! I'll be in line at RFK, as I am not a season ticket holder (since I work at a non-profit,) though I do go to enough games in a year to equal a mini-plan. I just want to be able to choose which games I can go to. Looking forward to the home opener, the Reds games, and the games verses the evil Peter Angelos!

It's looking more and more like Soriwhino isn't going to be wearing the curly W come Opening Day. Fine with me - can we trade him for Brad Wilkerson? Sigh...

Thinking about getting up tomorrow and getting to the ballpark at 7am brings me back to last year when Home Opener tix went on sale. I arrived at what Ball Wonk calls the RFK Canyon National Monument at 7:30am and was the 41st person in line. It was pretty warm that day, gray but jubilant, and the crowd donned Nats gear like it was gameday. We talked like we were old friends, and some guys behind me told stories of going to Senators games with a flicker of magic in their eyes, as if baseball alone was what is right with the world (and isn't it?) The electric air was easy to swallow, and life was good and joyful and exciting. That is, until front office guys came out and told us we better start calling on our cell phones because we might not get tix. They created a false panic among the crowd, showing us that invasive corporate side of baseball that keeps the game from being the most perfect thing on the planet. I got my tix, though, lower level third base line.

As far as I can tell, Heaven is an emerald diamond where the Yankees only exist to have a losing team.

No comments: