Monday, March 27, 2006

One week until Opening Day!

Looks like the Nats are getting blown out again - it's 7-0 in the sixth inning. It's only Spring Training, you say? Umm...at this point in the season, the regulars are playing during at least the first five innings. Astacio apparently stunk. I wonder how many balls went over Soriano's head. Now Guillen is whining about his contract - I guess Soriwhino's attitude is rubbing off. Sigh... Thanks, Bowden.

Should I subtitle this blog "The Bowden Chronicles"? The guy does seem to follow me. Had he not still been working for the Reds when I was out in California, he probably would have been hired by the Giants. So I guess I shouldn't move to Boston or Chicago, right? Although I could move to New York and watch him destroy the Yankees. Except he'd probably be hired by the Mets.

I'm still waiting for that Sosa contract to be signed.

One other thing. Can someone please explain to me why the two games this weekend between the Nats and the O's are called "Battle of the Beltway"? I mean, the beltway doesn't run up to Baltimore. It isn't even a quarter of the way there. We have to come up with something better to call these series, which I hope turn into a bitter rivalry thanks to Peter Devilos. Maybe "Battle of the Murder Capitals?" Battle of the Crabcakes? Battle of the Parkway? Battle of I-95? Battle of the Teams Who Have No Chance in 2006?

No comments: