Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Watching baseball in the office

Is there a person on Earth who doesn't like Dontrelle Willis? What a great guy and a great pitcher, even if Canada did just score and he's used up a third of his pitch count in only 2/3 of an inning. To me, Dontrelle encompasses the spirit of baseball, that life-loving, I'm-playing-the-game-I-love- for-a-living attitude. Baseball needs more Dontrelles.

The Cuba-Panama game has just gone to ten, but I've flipped over to the US-Canada game on MLB.TV, as they haven't debuted the multi-game media player yet. (No, I don't get paid by MLB.com to rave about MLB.TV. I just think it is one of the greatest inventions ever!) I like in between innings when the announcers think they are off the air for a commercial break, forgetting that there are those of us out here who are watching online, and they let slip idiotic comments that remind us all they didn't go to college for the academics... One of them just sang "nestled among the streams and grizzly bears." Seriously.

How can we get Yulieski Gourriel to defect?

My personal favorite player, Griffey, forgot to bring his defense to the game today. It's only the second inning, but I think the team forgot to bring their offense, too.

And now the clock strikes "time to go to the bar to watch the rest of the game."

No comments: