Thursday, April 20, 2006

Frank gets number 1000

Ten batters came to the plate in the first inning. What? Oh, it must be the Phillies batting, Ortiz must be pitching, you think. The Nats could never score five in the first inning, you say. They could never follow with four runs in the second inning, you exclaim. But I have proof! The box score says it all! A 10-4 victory against the Phils, 14 hits, and ladies and gentlemen, we have an offense!

Nick "Sings When He's Healthy" Johnson went 4-4 with two dingers, a walk, 3 runs, and 3 RBI, and he raised his average to an even .400. Ryan "Can I marry you?" Zimmerman had two hits, a walk, and two ribbies. (I suppose he's a bit too young for me, but hey, I'd love to be a baseball wife.)

Congrats to Frank for win number 1000, a few days after the 50th anniversary of his Major League Debut.

No comments: