Saturday, April 08, 2006

A lovely day for baseball! Let's watch two! (Or three, in my case.)

After watching the Astros' bullpen implode against the Nationals like the Reds' bullpen seems to do every day, I am inclined to believe that the NL Central will be even more competitive this year than previously had been stated. (Maybe competitive is the wrong word.) I know, I know, it's only the first week, but the Houston guys were awful today. (And what's up with Majewski?)

Of course, I'll give credit where credit is due. The Nats' offense rocked. They got to Oswalt even though ¡Livan! gave up a five spot in the first inning, and then Qualls came in and pitched like Rick White. Or Matt Belise. Or [insert Reds reliever here]. The offense was sweeeeet, coming back like that and scoring 12 runs. Twelve? Vidro must have gotten into a time machine or something, as he's like his old All-Star self. And Soriano? I guess I'm getting used to him on the team, and how can you not find yourself rooting for him? He's been doing quite well, even on defense.

And finally, it was also nice to watch the Giants crush the hated Braves and Tim Hudson, which is good news for the Nats. It's so easy to root against the hated Braves - I'm soooooooo sick of them winning all the time.

Winning is fun, isn't it?

Update: I've gone for four games, rooting for the California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim to beat the 1-3 hated Yanks. So far, so good at the end of five...

It was a rainy, cold day. What else could I do but watch baseball?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good day for baseball fans in general, I would say. :) Rick White sucks, as anyone who had watched him pitch for the Mets could tell you. If the Astros' bullpen struggles all year, then I would have to agree that the division is up for grabs, although the Cards look pretty strong so far.

I want the Nats to struggle, but that's only because I'm a Mets fan, and every Nats loss means one less win the Mets have to come up with. I do like Jose Vidro as a player, though, and think Soriano was acting like a spoiled brat. Good for the Nats for not giving in to Sori.

We can agree that the Braves and the Yanks losing is good. Any team but the Yanks, I always say. The Angels should go back to their old name...the CALIFORNIA Angels. It would include all those cities in one simple word. Just my two cents. :)

Anonymous said...

BTW,

Can I steal your icon for my blog?

Cathie said...

sure, someone gave it to me, so go ahead and have it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. :)