Saturday, August 19, 2006

Tim McCarver actually said something that wasn't stupid

Stupid Yankees are killing the Red Sox for the third consecutive game. McCarver says they need to raise the mound back to what it used to be. I am in 100% agreement with this idea.

Pitching is soooooooo difficult to come by; offense is too dominant. They have all sorts of technology to make hitting better - it's pretty tough to make pitching any better when all you can do is throw a ball. It's time to raise the mound.

I heard a beautiful thing today, even though it was from the mouth of a Yankees fan. As I was walking in Adams Morgan to my favorite video store that isn't there any more, as I discovered, I heard a scream from a window. "Get out!" it shouted forcefully. I thought it was a domestic situation. Then I heard it again, this time with more excitement, more hope. "Get out! Get out! Get out! YEAH!!!" It was such sweet music.

I love this game.

No comments: