Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You know?

"and where the offense is, let the great axe fall." ~ Hamlet Prince of Denmark (King at IV, v)

Oh, thank you Lord, for I will never feel the need for a heroin addiction. I have Reds baseball to give me my highs and lows. And thine prophet Ryan Freel deserves to take a place beside Your son's throne, for he is the savior of baseball games and possibly seasons. There have been few plays in the history of this beautiful game that have been such miracles that have defied the laws of physics, the kind of play where you watch over and over and over and over and over and still don't understand how the catch was made. The only explanation is that Edmonds' karma finally caught up with the Cardinals.

"Which, if not victory, is yet revenge." John Milton, Paradise Lost

Caleb proves that Reds fans are highly educated bums who can inject Milton (John), Updike, and god knows who else into a comment thread.

The post I had drafted about Grandeisms has been put on hold for now. Winning against the Deadbirds, defeating them mightily after such a handily defeat, is revenge so sweet. Series tied, here we go.

p.s. I love this game.

No comments: