Saturday, March 07, 2009

Holy craap, Nederlands stuns Republica Dominicana!

Voltron gave up three runs to Nederlands today, which was enough for the loss in this gigantic, enormous, huge, massive upset in the first round of the World Baseball Classic. In the first inning alone, he threw 29 pitches. You only get 70 in this round.

Baby Red Alexander Smit did not fare very well, either, as he only pitched to three batters, giving up a sac fly, a single, and an intentional walk.

Havoc was caught stealing after getting a hit.

Team Dominicana is the overwhelming favorite to win the whole thing. Nederlands only needs to win one more game to advance to the second round. Upsets are fun! Woooo Nederlands!

Unfortunately, it was sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful today I missed the game. I'm sorry I did. Right now I have USA vs. Canada on inside, but I can't bear to go in to watch it except every now and then. Votto has had a monster day so far, getting a single and hitting a massive homer. Thom thinks he's going to have an incredible year. I'm inclined to agree.
___

1 comment:

Nachos Grande said...

I find myself rooting against the Dominican so that the young Reds pitchers can return to camp and not throw their arms out in the WBC...

As for the Reds hitters, I'm rooting for both the US and Canada, yesterday's game was fantastic between the two of them (especially with Votto and Dunn playing such large roles).