Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A link roundup

I usually don't do this, but I was interested in all of these things and haven't finished the article I am writing on a new baseball film, so here you go.

First off, an article about Freel in the Carroll County Times. Read it. The things he says make me feel hopeful about the 2009 Cincinnati Reds now that we have a positive attitude in the clubhouse.

An article about a Phillies Phan's visit to the tomb of Alexander Cartwright, courtesy of another Cartwright, the latter who points out that Alexander's middle name was Joy. Unbelievably appropriate. I felt a little pang of joy of my own upon learning such information. The Reds baseball at Alexander's tomb is awesome.

According to the Bank President, Daryl Thompson is hurt again. Remember his debut at Bankee $tadium last year? Man that was awesome. But I'm starting to think we only got to see a glimpse of what could have been. I don't think he's ever going to be healthy enough to be an effective pitcher on a Major League roster.

The Classic might be a new way to sign players for cheap. Sidney Ponson signed a minor league deal with the Royals today after Pudge signed with the Asstros yesterday and Julian Taveras signed with the Nationals a few days ago. Of the many benefits of the WBC, I didn't see it as a place to showcase you still have something left in the tank.

USA plays a rematch against Puerto Rico tonight in an elimination game. USA! USA! USA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

How I feel great happy to find an excellent blog here,thank you,my dear friend!Appreciating your

blog is a great joy for me!I think I will be a regular visitor of your blog!Let’s make good

friends,ok?Let me introduce my hobby to share with you first!
Jordan 10 shoes
Jordan 11shoes
Jordan 12 shoes
Jordan 13 shoes
Jordan 14 shoes
Jordan 15 shoes
Jordan 16 shoes
Jordan 17 shoes
Jordan 18 shoes
Jordan 19 shoes