Wednesday, March 04, 2009

New and Improved MLB.TV?

I was going to purchase MLB.TV for this month, at least and discovered that an MLB.TV subscription no longer includes Gameday Audio. As a result of being in the Cincy market last year, I didn't purchase MLB.TV, so this could have happened last year. The only reason this really matters to me is that I wanted to listen to the Reds play Nederlands tonight. Not that Nederlands has any players I want to watch - I just love international competition. I'm pumped for the World Baseball Classic and am contemplating getting up for the Asian games that start tomorrow. (I have to watch U2 on Good Morning America on Friday so I might as well get up a couple of hours earlier to watch baseball, right?)

Anyway, there are some new MLB.TV Premium features this year that are kind of cool, the first particularly good for Reds fans - the option of syncing the radio feed to the television broadcast. So when the Cowboy and George Grande are driveling on about how great Jim Edmonds is, you can flip over to Marty and Thom (I like them.) Also, there is a DVR option. And it says you can get the games in HD - I'm pretty sure I have HD on my laptop, so that might be pretty cool. (On a related note - can anyone tell me what an HDMI port is? I think it has something to do with getting television? I know there's television software on this thing, I just haven't explored it yet.) There's also a player tracker option where you can get alerts when your favorite player is up to bat. That sounds good for people into fantasy baseball. You can also get a picture in picture if you want to watch two games at once. Sounds pretty cool.
___

1 comment:

Wrought Iron Furniture said...

I'm pretty sure I have HD on my laptop, so that might be pretty cool too.