Monday, March 09, 2009

A proposed rule change

What is with the Reds? I mean, five grand slams this spring? Save some for the season, boys!

Anyway, I was looking at the boxscore, specifically at the two blown saves (Lincoln and Jukich) and the W behind an undeserving pitcher's name. Jukich blew the save and is rewarded with a win? Not right. So here's what I propose. If a pitcher blows a save and the team comes back and wins the game, the win should go to the pitcher whose win was stolen from him by a crappy bullpen appearance.

What do you think?

2 comments:

River Otter said...

I'd support that rule change. Next: addressing the rule regarding who gets charged when an inherited runner scores. It seems to me the pitcher that allows the runner to score should get assessed part of the blame -- say a half run to both pitchers.

Cathie said...

Good idea. I support that 100%.

I'm guessing Bronson's career ERA would go down significantly. If I liked math, I'd figure it out...;)