Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Poor Votto

Our Canuck seems pretty down that Canada has been eliminated from the World Baseball Classic. It's the biggest surprise of the tournament thus far. Right now Italia is playing Venezuela and I'm rooting hard for the Euros to beat Team Chavez. It would be nice for a European team to get some recognition to elevate the sport on the continent I wish I called home.

But - back to Joey. He's tasted it, that excitement of high level competition. He played in the best baseball game of his life on Saturday, and he's not going to be able to settle for losing.

I'm starting to really get excited about the 2009 Cincinnati Reds. I was down on them all winter, but, you know, spring, rebirth, all that flowery jazz, the sweet fragrance of freshly mowed grass and the photos of verdant heaven and bare arms in daytime...I can practically hear the crack of the bat.

Soon!
___

No comments: