Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yes, the economy is in crisis

Even the wealthy Mets can't afford a logo designer.

Metsgrrl has a suggestion for a better one.

My opinion is this: why do we need to have a sleeve patch for everything? It's getting ridiculous. Of course, I'm talking out both sides of my mouth, because I bought a GAB(p) Inaugural Season patch in 2003. Guess I answered my own question.

Metsgrrl also pointed out this story about Ted Williams by the great American writer John Updike, who passed away today at the age of 76. He writes this beautiful line about Fenway:
It was built in 1912 and rebuilt in 1934, and offers, as do most Boston artifacts, a compromise between Man's Euclidean determinations and Nature's beguiling irregularities.
America lost a great man today.

No comments: