Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some Hot Stove thoughts

I’ve changed my mind.

I think the Reds should consider Andruw Jones.

Yes, yes, I know that he’s had two Corey Patterson-like seasons in a row. But the guy doesn’t turn 32 until April. The guy was “Future Hall of Famer Andruw Jones” for ten years. Look at these numbers. While I don't think they are Hall of Fame material, that is some massive production there.

Apparently, though, he’s been working out with the Braves (even though he hasn’t been officially released by the Dodgers – they’re expected to do that today.) I’m not sure, but I think the fact that another team wants him makes me want him.

Thirty-two. 32. He was hurt last year, and he was fat. He is neither of those now. A player like Andruw doesn’t just fall off the earth like this. (I’m sure there are a couple of examples, but I can’t think of any off the top of my head, no one this extreme.)

Of course, if he makes more than a couple million, it’s not worth it. Or is it? (Not over Dunn or Abreu.)

I’m telling you, Andruw Jones is going to be Comeback Player of the Year, and I’d like to see him win that with “Cincinnati” stitched across his chest. Unless the Reds resign Dunn.

I can hear the cringes now.

Also, don't Trade Edwin. He's gonna have a massive year this year.
___

No comments: