Friday, May 19, 2006

Baseball!

Finally! I get to go to a ballgame tonight. The Nats are returning after 11 days on the road; it seems like an eternity since they've been here. (It's only been 12 days since my last game, but since work has been really shitty over the course of the road trip, and since baseball is my respite from the monotony of the office, it feels like I could have travelled to the sun and back since that last game.)

The Nats take on the Orioles for what I hope to be the first real game of an intense and bitter rivalry. Of all the crap that Peter Devilos has pulled on the Nats, I'd like to see the Nats burn his team each and every game. I, like many people in the DC area, used to like the Orioles. I spent my first two years in Washington going to O's games before I boycotted them on account of Angelos' attempts to keep us from getting our own team. If he hadn't been such a jerk, I still would have gone to a couple of games a year at Camden Yards. It is, after all, a great ballpark.

Bring 'em on.

No comments: