Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning!

Finally! The Reds go through a game without an error, and guess what? It led to a win. Prior to tonight's game, the team had committed the big E in six straight games.

I think a lot of us Reds fans are fighting disgust with the recent play, though we all said "wait until June when the team starts playing how it is supposed to be playing" back when we were too shocked to have real hope for the season. April seems like such a long time ago, doesn't it? Sigh...

Pretend the offensive woes didn't continue this evening. We had an abfab performance by Eric "Chasing Wind" Milton and a lights outing by Todd "Vote for me for closer" Coffey. Remember, it was the pitching that has been so awful in the past eternity, though the offense has been among the best in the league during that time. So, let's get some perspective. The offense will not be this bad all year. And hey, even if Voodoo Albert doesn't work, we still have the Wild Card to look to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to order a dozen of those mugs for all my office co-workers. Especially the Cubbies fans.

Cathie said...

Alas, images of baseball players are owned by MLB and I cannot legally get them made and sell them on CafePress. Sigh...I'd drink out of it every day if I had one.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»