Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Such beautiful pieces of paper!

Yeah, I guess I'm a dork, because I took photos of my season tix and my seats, too.

I've seen a lot of complaining about the tickets this year about the lack of a special box or pin. I think people should just be grateful they are able to have their tickets. I certainly was thrilled to pull them out of a Fed-Ex envelop and feel the nice, shiny surface.

I will go to four games in a row for the three game Reds series and another game against the Deadbirds. I really can't wait for that Reds series. I'm getting a group of Reds fans together to go to a game, so if you're in the DC area and you're a Reds fan, or even if you just want to visit DC that week (July 31-August 2), let me know. I'm looking forward to the Giants series, too!

I took this photo of my tickets today right outside of RFK. Man, what a game! I will write about that in a bit and post some more photos of the contest. There's not much better than a walkoff win, especially after losing two miserable games. Three former Reds had a hand in the ninth inning comeback victory - Felipe Lopez, Austin Kearns, and the star of the game, Dmitri Young.

These are my seats for a quarter of the season. I'll sit there for at least a few innings each game, but on a day like today, when there were only 18,800+ at the stadium, I moved around to a couple of places for different views. I'd much rather be in the upper deck around home plate than those lower level sections in the outfield like sections 202 and 220 - you're so far away from the action, it's totally not worth the cost of those tickets.

No comments: